Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Elliot


I've been absent from this blog for awhile due to several reasons, but mostly because I haven't been in the best of spirits. Our sweet Elliot, who was diagnosed with cancer at the end of last year, had to be put to sleep yesterday. He led a very long life, was 14 years old, 10 months and was very loved. We miss him terribly, but we take comfort in knowing that he lived a good life. He loved playing in the woods, chasing squirrels, tug of war, food, snuggling up next to us on the couch or bed, laying in the sun, and following us around the house. Even though we knew this day was coming for awhile now it was still very, very difficult. I've cried so much the last few days that I haven't been able to wear makeup and I've had many headaches. Gosh I hope I can start to pull together, I just miss him so much!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin